R3publicans if you are in Nebraska get involved! Shelli Dawdy and Grassroots in Nebraska stand on principle and stand up for the taxpayer too!
PLEASE RSVP by clicking HERE and help out by FORWARDING TO FRIENDS!!
NEBRASKA HAS MANY OF THE SAME PROBLEMS AS WISCONSIN AND OTHER STATES
Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like SERIOUS action is going to take place in Nebraska on this issue – READ TODAY’S ARTICLE ON THE GiN SITE IF YOU NEED SOME EVIDENCE. (publishin at 8am)
The information below can be supported and examined in greater depth by reading some of our articles on the subject, which are listed further down.
- Nebraska has a nearly $1 billion budget shortfall – by population, it’s proportional the $3.5 billion shortfall in Wisconsin.
- Nebraska’s Retirement System – the government employee pension fund – has been bailed out several times in the past two yearsbecause many government workers’ pensions are not tied to market value, they are guaranteed benefits regardless of the market, unlike the 401k plans for workers in the private sector.
- In order to “balance” our State budget, we have taken in a great deal of Federal stimulus funds, most of which was used to bailout the pension funds, as noted above, with the rest going to education (sold by Congress as “saving teachers’ jobs), and Medicaid.
One of the reasons Nebraska’s unemployment rate is so low is because too many people work for government in our State:
- 17% of Nebraska’s workforce is employed by State or local government
- In Lincoln, 24% of the workforce works for State or local government.
- In Omaha, 15% of the workforce works for State or local government.
AFFECTING TAXPAYERS: Nebraskans are overtaxed…our top marginal income tax rate is as high as states that lost population in the past ten years; several studies in the past decade have shown that our taxation structure is suppressing business activity. Nebraska’s two largest cities, Lincoln and Omaha, have increased taxes in the past year because their budgets are in trouble. In Omaha, two tax increases were imposed to cover increased costs of a labor union contract. Lincoln’s telecomm tax was raised in 2010 to increase revenues, making it the highest in the United States; 24% of cell phone, landline, and other telecomm bills is taxation.
[Editor’s note: My guess is that every state in the union has this problem. We will all be forced to address the issue of ‘us’ taxpayer’s being held hostage at the public trough. History says it cannot go on forever . We must address the problems now and get our fiscal houses in order from city to county to state to federal levels. It will take all of us just saying NO over and over and over again.
We cannot spend more that we take in and the printing presses in continuous motion mean the money in circulation will soon be worthless.
R3publicans will find Grassroots in Nebraska articles well researched and documented for you to do further research easily. Please educate yourself and share as you deem appropriate!
For Life and Liberty / Sandra Crosnoe]
R3publicans Alerts and Feedburner RSS options below:
Search by Keyword
Share and Save
Email Alerts Subscription
Join our Facebook End the Fed Fan Page
- Thanksgiving Blessings from My House to Yours!
- History of Associated Conservatives of Texas / America
- Immigration: A State or Federal Issue?
- GiN: A Merry Christmas at American Airports?
- Oklahoma: OK-Safe Reviews State Questions for General Election on Nov 2nd
- Letter from Morton Blackwell to RNC on the Rules Controversy
- Restore Our Republic 2012: The Most Dangerous Political Strategy Ever
- FEMA Camps: MIAC Report Terrorism Scare Tactics Continue
- History Can Teach us a Lot, But Humor Brings it Alive
- Stop Smart Meters -- Oklahoma Citizen's Group Meeting
- GiN banter: We Can Be Thankful for George Washington’s Example: The First Thanksgiving at ... bit.ly/124unKu #GiN #teaparty #R3s -- Follow @R3publicans hashtag #R3s 7 hours ago
- FDA sets Obamacare menu rules for food chains, other eateries fb.me/6QKt3xr49 -- Follow @R3publicans hashtag #R3s 1 day ago
- Missouri Governor to Triple National Guard Presence in St. Louis fb.me/3upqoPzVk -- Follow @R3publicans hashtag #R3s 1 day ago
- Swiss Gold Referendum: What It Really Means fb.me/1McRZAM2r -- Follow @R3publicans hashtag #R3s 2 days ago
- Bloomberg Calls for a US Exit Tax fb.me/7eSRpjR7Q -- Follow @R3publicans hashtag #R3s 2 days ago
- Remembering Thanksgiving as a free banking celebration fb.me/1rRAVqSzM -- Follow @scrosnoe hashtag #4liberty 7 hours ago
- Making soap right now scented with Wild Orange and Bergamot essential oils. Will let you know if it works! -- Follow @scrosnoe hashtag #4liberty 1 day ago
- doterra.myvoffice.com/scrosnoe/ a good time to sign up and share in all the holiday specials and... fb.me/71BUF7wt9 -- Follow @scrosnoe hashtag #4liberty 1 day ago
- Wisdom and Common Sense from a friend in Texas PT Gaines: A few thoughts before I drift off to sleep.... I... fb.me/3zLUbV6xg -- Follow @scrosnoe hashtag #4liberty 1 day ago
- FDA sets Obamacare menu rules for food chains, other eateries fb.me/7bjWQznAL -- Follow @scrosnoe hashtag #4liberty 1 day ago
- Missouri Governor to Triple National Guard Presence in St. Louis fb.me/6QFla6aSE -- Follow @scrosnoe hashtag #4liberty 1 day ago
- If the laws are different for the ruling class, then let us at least be clear about that and not expect something... fb.me/7eXGfOIOs -- Follow @scrosnoe hashtag #4liberty 1 day ago