R3publicans if you are in Nebraska get involved! Shelli Dawdy and Grassroots in Nebraska stand on principle and stand up for the taxpayer too!
PLEASE RSVP by clicking HERE and help out by FORWARDING TO FRIENDS!!
NEBRASKA HAS MANY OF THE SAME PROBLEMS AS WISCONSIN AND OTHER STATES
Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like SERIOUS action is going to take place in Nebraska on this issue – READ TODAY’S ARTICLE ON THE GiN SITE IF YOU NEED SOME EVIDENCE. (publishin at 8am)
The information below can be supported and examined in greater depth by reading some of our articles on the subject, which are listed further down.
- Nebraska has a nearly $1 billion budget shortfall – by population, it’s proportional the $3.5 billion shortfall in Wisconsin.
- Nebraska’s Retirement System – the government employee pension fund – has been bailed out several times in the past two yearsbecause many government workers’ pensions are not tied to market value, they are guaranteed benefits regardless of the market, unlike the 401k plans for workers in the private sector.
- In order to “balance” our State budget, we have taken in a great deal of Federal stimulus funds, most of which was used to bailout the pension funds, as noted above, with the rest going to education (sold by Congress as “saving teachers’ jobs), and Medicaid.
One of the reasons Nebraska’s unemployment rate is so low is because too many people work for government in our State:
- 17% of Nebraska’s workforce is employed by State or local government
- In Lincoln, 24% of the workforce works for State or local government.
- In Omaha, 15% of the workforce works for State or local government.
AFFECTING TAXPAYERS: Nebraskans are overtaxed…our top marginal income tax rate is as high as states that lost population in the past ten years; several studies in the past decade have shown that our taxation structure is suppressing business activity. Nebraska’s two largest cities, Lincoln and Omaha, have increased taxes in the past year because their budgets are in trouble. In Omaha, two tax increases were imposed to cover increased costs of a labor union contract. Lincoln’s telecomm tax was raised in 2010 to increase revenues, making it the highest in the United States; 24% of cell phone, landline, and other telecomm bills is taxation.
[Editor's note: My guess is that every state in the union has this problem. We will all be forced to address the issue of 'us' taxpayer's being held hostage at the public trough. History says it cannot go on forever . We must address the problems now and get our fiscal houses in order from city to county to state to federal levels. It will take all of us just saying NO over and over and over again.
We cannot spend more that we take in and the printing presses in continuous motion mean the money in circulation will soon be worthless.
R3publicans will find Grassroots in Nebraska articles well researched and documented for you to do further research easily. Please educate yourself and share as you deem appropriate!
For Life and Liberty / Sandra Crosnoe]
R3publicans Alerts and Feedburner RSS options below:
Search by Keyword
Share and Save
Email Alerts Subscription
Join our Facebook End the Fed Fan Page
- Oklahoma: Lankford Voting Record is Really Bad - Barely Passing - Not Warranting a Promotion
- Restore Our Republic 2012: The Most Dangerous Political Strategy Ever
- Oklahoma Primary Vote Reminder TODAY June 26th and PS just say NO to debt!
- Ten Commandments and Traveling Liberty Bell in Branson for Veterans Home Coming Week
- Justin Amash Moneybomb - Set for July 18th - How you can help!
- Oklahoma: Special Election Oct 11th for Senate District 43
- Oklahoma: OK-Safe Reviews State Questions for General Election on Nov 2nd
- Swearing-in Ceremony for Nathan Dahm and other newly elected State Senators in Oklahoma
- I, Pencil -- the movie
- Liberty is the Issue - Dax Ewbank for Governor of Oklahoma - Vote Tuesday June 24th!
- GiN banter: Would You Rather…?: Would you rather… Always take a cold shower or sleep an h... bit.ly/1sE4JBT #GiN #teaparty #R3s -- Follow @R3publicans hashtag #R3s 1 day ago
- GiN banter: Under Those Sermon Subpoenas: “Disappeared” Ballot Initiatives: Fighting City ... bit.ly/1tEiUNP #GiN #teaparty #R3s -- Follow @R3publicans hashtag #R3s 2 days ago
- GiN banter: Nebraska Election 2014: Candidate Profiles: Be sure to read the text below the... bit.ly/1v1s6qZ #GiN #teaparty #R3s -- Follow @R3publicans hashtag #R3s 3 days ago
- OpenBazaar: The Decentralized Offspring of Ebay & Amazon fb.me/3yOU1Pq9z -- Follow @R3publicans hashtag #R3s 5 days ago
- Live Like You’re Free fb.me/6OKZtJfeG -- Follow @R3publicans hashtag #R3s 5 days ago
- eternal vigilance plus prayer - we have a lot to thank these folks for! #R3s fb.me/6SgUaSeqq -- Follow @scrosnoe hashtag #4liberty 8 hours ago
- Come and bring your questions! #R3s Charles Key fb.me/1C0QMDNtN -- Follow @scrosnoe hashtag #4liberty 10 hours ago
- should be interesting! #R3s Charles Key fb.me/4g6oG7rUI -- Follow @scrosnoe hashtag #4liberty 10 hours ago
- For my dog loving friends! They put the cat in there for me ;-) Thought of you Marlene Akins Lynch Should make everyone smile #humor #dogs -- Follow @scrosnoe hashtag #4liberty 12 hours ago
- Walker Todd! fb.me/1w6okTDPc -- Follow @scrosnoe hashtag #4liberty 13 hours ago
- wonderful timely sermon via Rod MacIlvaine about being filled with the Spirit - drinking living water and... fb.me/2uJNjizfL -- Follow @scrosnoe hashtag #4liberty 1 day ago
- Yes! fb.me/3Mc7ZCVg5 -- Follow @scrosnoe hashtag #4liberty 2 days ago