R3publicans if you are in Nebraska get involved! Shelli Dawdy and Grassroots in Nebraska stand on principle and stand up for the taxpayer too!
PLEASE RSVP by clicking HERE and help out by FORWARDING TO FRIENDS!!
NEBRASKA HAS MANY OF THE SAME PROBLEMS AS WISCONSIN AND OTHER STATES
Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like SERIOUS action is going to take place in Nebraska on this issue - READ TODAY’S ARTICLE ON THE GiN SITE IF YOU NEED SOME EVIDENCE. (publishin at 8am)
The information below can be supported and examined in greater depth by reading some of our articles on the subject, which are listed further down.
- Nebraska has a nearly $1 billion budget shortfall – by population, it’s proportional the $3.5 billion shortfall in Wisconsin.
- Nebraska’s Retirement System - the government employee pension fund – has been bailed out several times in the past two yearsbecause many government workers’ pensions are not tied to market value, they are guaranteed benefits regardless of the market, unlike the 401k plans for workers in the private sector.
- In order to “balance” our State budget, we have taken in a great deal of Federal stimulus funds, most of which was used to bailout the pension funds, as noted above, with the rest going to education (sold by Congress as “saving teachers’ jobs), and Medicaid.
One of the reasons Nebraska’s unemployment rate is so low is because too many people work for government in our State:
- 17% of Nebraska’s workforce is employed by State or local government
- In Lincoln, 24% of the workforce works for State or local government.
- In Omaha, 15% of the workforce works for State or local government.
AFFECTING TAXPAYERS: Nebraskans are overtaxed…our top marginal income tax rate is as high as states that lost population in the past ten years; several studies in the past decade have shown that our taxation structure is suppressing business activity. Nebraska’s two largest cities, Lincoln and Omaha, have increased taxes in the past year because their budgets are in trouble. In Omaha, two tax increases were imposed to cover increased costs of a labor union contract. Lincoln’s telecomm tax was raised in 2010 to increase revenues, making it the highest in the United States; 24% of cell phone, landline, and other telecomm bills is taxation.
[Editor's note: My guess is that every state in the union has this problem. We will all be forced to address the issue of 'us' taxpayer's being held hostage at the public trough. History says it cannot go on forever . We must address the problems now and get our fiscal houses in order from city to county to state to federal levels. It will take all of us just saying NO over and over and over again.
We cannot spend more that we take in and the printing presses in continuous motion mean the money in circulation will soon be worthless.
R3publicans will find Grassroots in Nebraska articles well researched and documented for you to do further research easily. Please educate yourself and share as you deem appropriate!
For Life and Liberty / Sandra Crosnoe]
R3publicans Alerts and Feedburner RSS options below:
Search by Keyword
Share and Save
Email Alerts Subscription
Join our Facebook End the Fed Fan Page
- Nevada standoff -- a simple case? -- Not
- Did you Hear the Big News? Dax Ewbank is Running for Governor in Oklahoma!
- Ten Commandments and Traveling Liberty Bell in Branson for Veterans Home Coming Week
- Oklahoma claiming Sovereignty under 10th Amendment - HJR 1003
- History of Associated Conservatives of Texas / America
- Biometric Driver License Religious Exemption Act
- Belladier David Hall on Air with AxXiom for Liberty -- Honoring Veterans YearRound
- Immigration: A State or Federal Issue?
- Honoring our Veterans in Branson Missouri with the Traveling Liberty Bell
- Tulsa: Oklahoma Republican National Committeewoman Carolyn McLarty Exposes U.N. Agenda 21
- CLibertyC Note: Nebraska’s Primary Election, May 13th, SAMPLE BALLOTS bit.ly/1kAyrIa #clcs #r3s #4liberty -- Follow @R3publicans hashtag #R3s 2 hours ago
- GiN banter: Nebraska’s Primary Election, May 13th, SAMPLE BALLOTS: Each election season, ... bit.ly/1eB9o7L #GiN #teaparty #R3s -- Follow @R3publicans hashtag #R3s 3 hours ago
- CLibertyC Note: Insistance on Enforcing ‘Every Law’ Undermines the Constitution bit.ly/Qeg8gP #clcs #r3s #4liberty -- Follow @R3publicans hashtag #R3s 6 hours ago
- Insistance on Enforcing ‘Every Law’ Undermines the Constitution fb.me/6Oidb4Unf -- Follow @R3publicans hashtag #R3s 6 hours ago
- Frequent flier? I think you’d agree we need more flight attendants like this one fb.me/1NUwMJ1wb -- Follow @R3publicans hashtag #R3s 6 hours ago
- sites.google.com/site/dax4ok/ho… Dax Ewbank's official campaign site via google #R3s #4life #4liberty... fb.me/3vXyYxQEW -- Follow @scrosnoe hashtag #4liberty 7 hours ago
- sites.google.com/site/dax4ok/ho… Dax Ewbank's official campaign site via google #R3s #4life #4liberty #OKGOP #Teaparty #commonsense -- Follow @scrosnoe hashtag #4liberty 7 hours ago
- sites.google.com/site/dax4ok/ho… fb.me/2kR6HKJUi -- Follow @scrosnoe hashtag #4liberty 7 hours ago
- Painful truth & tiny bit of #humor for #R3s on #vaping and #taxation policy for your 'safety and health' to be... fb.me/6ya05vz1t -- Follow @scrosnoe hashtag #4liberty 16 hours ago
- Did you Hear the Big News? Dax Ewbank is Running for Governor in Oklahoma! fb.me/6qrkZcw74 -- Follow @scrosnoe hashtag #4liberty 18 hours ago
- Did you Hear the Big News? Dax Ewbank is Running for Governor in Oklahoma! fb.me/6qccCnaqk -- Follow @scrosnoe hashtag #4liberty 18 hours ago
- Did you Hear the Big News? Dax Ewbank is Running for Governor in Oklahoma! fb.me/6r5r76Woo -- Follow @scrosnoe hashtag #4liberty 18 hours ago