R3publicans if you are in Nebraska get involved! Shelli Dawdy and Grassroots in Nebraska stand on principle and stand up for the taxpayer too!
PLEASE RSVP by clicking HERE and help out by FORWARDING TO FRIENDS!!
NEBRASKA HAS MANY OF THE SAME PROBLEMS AS WISCONSIN AND OTHER STATES
Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like SERIOUS action is going to take place in Nebraska on this issue – READ TODAY’S ARTICLE ON THE GiN SITE IF YOU NEED SOME EVIDENCE. (publishin at 8am)
The information below can be supported and examined in greater depth by reading some of our articles on the subject, which are listed further down.
- Nebraska has a nearly $1 billion budget shortfall – by population, it’s proportional the $3.5 billion shortfall in Wisconsin.
- Nebraska’s Retirement System – the government employee pension fund – has been bailed out several times in the past two yearsbecause many government workers’ pensions are not tied to market value, they are guaranteed benefits regardless of the market, unlike the 401k plans for workers in the private sector.
- In order to “balance” our State budget, we have taken in a great deal of Federal stimulus funds, most of which was used to bailout the pension funds, as noted above, with the rest going to education (sold by Congress as “saving teachers’ jobs), and Medicaid.
One of the reasons Nebraska’s unemployment rate is so low is because too many people work for government in our State:
- 17% of Nebraska’s workforce is employed by State or local government
- In Lincoln, 24% of the workforce works for State or local government.
- In Omaha, 15% of the workforce works for State or local government.
AFFECTING TAXPAYERS: Nebraskans are overtaxed…our top marginal income tax rate is as high as states that lost population in the past ten years; several studies in the past decade have shown that our taxation structure is suppressing business activity. Nebraska’s two largest cities, Lincoln and Omaha, have increased taxes in the past year because their budgets are in trouble. In Omaha, two tax increases were imposed to cover increased costs of a labor union contract. Lincoln’s telecomm tax was raised in 2010 to increase revenues, making it the highest in the United States; 24% of cell phone, landline, and other telecomm bills is taxation.
[Editor's note: My guess is that every state in the union has this problem. We will all be forced to address the issue of 'us' taxpayer's being held hostage at the public trough. History says it cannot go on forever . We must address the problems now and get our fiscal houses in order from city to county to state to federal levels. It will take all of us just saying NO over and over and over again.
We cannot spend more that we take in and the printing presses in continuous motion mean the money in circulation will soon be worthless.
R3publicans will find Grassroots in Nebraska articles well researched and documented for you to do further research easily. Please educate yourself and share as you deem appropriate!
For Life and Liberty / Sandra Crosnoe]
R3publicans Alerts and Feedburner RSS options below:
Search by Keyword
Share and Save
Email Alerts Subscription
Join our Facebook End the Fed Fan Page
- History of Associated Conservatives of Texas / America
- Oklahoma claiming Sovereignty under 10th Amendment - HJR 1003
- OKR3s Endorse the Right Choice - Nathan Dahm in CD01
- Political Suicide
- Why is the U.S. Bankrupt?
- Daughters of Liberty Talk about Liberty Then and Now
- NPR: George Washington's Rules of Civility
- Stratfor Global Intelligence Red Alert: Radiation Rising and Heading South in Japan in Earthquake Aftermath
- Oklahoma R3s share Liberty Pep Rally - May 11th at Remington Park
- Nevada standoff -- a simple case? -- Not
- Jeffrey Tucker: Why Imagining Freedom Is Essential fb.me/6N92G4CRZ -- Follow @R3publicans hashtag #R3s 1 day ago
- Obama Follows Bush’s Iraq Playbook fb.me/2PMW3vgmd -- Follow @R3publicans hashtag #R3s 1 day ago
- How Empires End fb.me/2V8hPDVz9 -- Follow @R3publicans hashtag #R3s 2 days ago
- Breaking the last taboo – Gaza and the threat of world war fb.me/22XMlF76S -- Follow @R3publicans hashtag #R3s 2 days ago
- Profits and Asset Bubbles Everywhere? fb.me/3y6WySxN0 -- Follow @R3publicans hashtag #R3s 3 days ago
- My Congressman Jim Bridenstine got it right! Did yours? #R3s #4life #4liberty #commonsense fb.me/1icpB2pY2 -- Follow @scrosnoe hashtag #4liberty 1 hour ago
- My Congressman Jim Bridenstine got it right! Did yours? #R3s #4life #4liberty #commonsense fb.me/1AnRdMxKm -- Follow @scrosnoe hashtag #4liberty 1 hour ago
- My Congressman Jim Bridenstine got it right! Did yours? #R3s #4life #4liberty #commonsense fb.me/6Tn9OstmF -- Follow @scrosnoe hashtag #4liberty 1 hour ago
- "Voting against the action were Richard W. Fisher and Charles I. Plosser. President Fisher believed that the... fb.me/3iyQwA8hY -- Follow @scrosnoe hashtag #4liberty 6 hours ago
- House Votes to Audit the Fed fb.me/6RhgYvisu -- Follow @scrosnoe hashtag #4liberty 6 hours ago
- Long live audit the Fed! fb.me/3fsK4OP9R -- Follow @scrosnoe hashtag #4liberty 23 hours ago
- Wonderful entertainment; delightful arrangement skillfully played - La Cucaracha at its very best on violins - 2... fb.me/4iexU51rr -- Follow @scrosnoe hashtag #4liberty 23 hours ago